Horde guild @ EU Zenedar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Declined - Gnisten - Feral cat / Feral bear

5 posters

Go down

Declined - Gnisten - Feral cat / Feral bear Empty Declined - Gnisten - Feral cat / Feral bear

Post  Gnisten Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi there,

I'll be posting this application quite simply, easy and nice.

Personal information
Name: Jakob Hansen
City: Aarhus

Ingame goals, achievements etc.
I am seeking to join an upcoming guild, as I would like to be part of some serious progress. I enjoy raiding, so why not spend more time doing so. Before this character, I had various characters in both Vanilla and The Burning Crusade. I will explain my progress further on. This character that I am playing on is quite new. It hit level 80 in September or October 2010, and therefore I had not much time to experience all the "new" WotLK raids. So here my main goal was simply; kill The Lich King. I finished up quickly, and got it done. When Cataclysm hit us, my goal was simple; kill Nefarian. Now that's done aswell. My goal updates all the time, and therefore I would explain my main goal in two words; Progress and fun.

Character information
Name: Gnisten
MS: Feral dps
Reason: I enjoy having a solid dps, and I enjoy fighting over the first place in the dps fights. It's a fun spec too, and it would most definetely make up for a rogue. (Hint hint)
Reason: I have tanked a lot in my "WoW career", and it never gets old. I tanked as warrior during Vanilla and TBC, which I loved. And then I tanked as druid during WotLK and start of Cataclysm. I am primarily using this spec as doing rhcs with and such, but it's no problem to use it for raids aswell.
Link to armory: Here
UI: Sorry I couldn't find one from raid

Guilds and reasons
I am currently in Puppeteers. It's a small Danish guild, and it's alright. But the problem is that they're expanding too much, and that shakes people off the raids and makes the good players unavaliable to play -> no progress. Another annoying thing is, that nobody is ever online, which means no social activities or anything of that kind.

I have been in Dalaran Square Hooligans, which was made into Ratio Ultima. It was here I raiding in start of Cataclysm, and end of WotLK.

Personal progress
Vanilla: Cleared everything up to and with Twin Emperors in AQ40. (Killed C'thun afterwards tho)
This was done with a rogue and a warrior tank, in a leading guild on our server. I helped establishing the gates for AQ too.
TBC: Didn't get much done here, tbh. Cleared Karazhan, SSC and TK, whereafter I quickly stopped. This was with a mage and a warrior tank.
WotLK: Well I started late, so killing Naxxramas, Ulduar and ToC wasn't a biggie. They went down, and so did ICC quickly after.
Cataclysm: I have done all on normal, and 4 on heroic mode. This includes: Halfus, Magmaw, Maloriak and Atramedes. I have also gotten Chimaeron to 1% HP, and done alot of tries on Conclave.

My favourite encounters in WoW must've been Nefarian in Vanilla, and Kael'thas in TBC. I liked them 'cos of the variety of the fights. They're fun!

PC related stuff
Yes... it's all up to date. What computer can't play WoW....
4 GB Ram
GeForce 9600 GT
Intel Duo Core 2.6 GHz

20/10 mb internet connection at TDC, one of the biggest in Denmark.

Epidemic and Gnisten
First of, I'd like to join you 'cos I'd like to fulfill some of my goals in WoW. I'd also like to join you 'cos I'd like to experience a nice and cozy friendly atmosphere. For giving me this, I will bring you a skilled and indeed exceptional druid, with the best rips and rakes. I will be a reliable player, who you easily can tell what to do and what not to do. Change spec? Alright. Lower dps? Alright.

You'd need me 'cos of the facts that I mentioned throughout the whole application. And seriously, why do you need a rogue when you can have a pretend rogue, who is just better?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Gnisten / Jakob

PS. This one is for Dized.
Very Happy Laughing Twisted Evil Arrow @ Neutral Rolling Eyes Wink Razz Mad clown monkey Suspect Shocked

Gnisten

Back to top Go down

Declined - Gnisten - Feral cat / Feral bear Empty Re: Declined - Gnisten - Feral cat / Feral bear

Post  Daddyjf Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:08 pm

heard rogues had some cloak thingie :S?

Daddyjf
Daddyjf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Declined - Gnisten - Feral cat / Feral bear Empty Re: Declined - Gnisten - Feral cat / Feral bear

Post  Panzur Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:09 pm

Gnisten wrote:PS. This one is for Dized.
Very Happy Laughing Twisted Evil Arrow @ Neutral Rolling Eyes Wink Razz Mad clown monkey Suspect Shocked

cheers lol!
Panzur
Panzur

Back to top Go down

Post  Gnisten Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Daddyjf wrote:heard rogues had some cloak thingie :S?

Meh, no need. Rake, rip and swipe -> ready to go.
No, seriously. Correct me if I'm wrong, I may very well be, but from what I've seen you currently have no feral druids in your guild, which is a shame. Druids bring some great uses to a small 10M run. Many different things to both make fights easier and better. Leader of the Pack, 5% crit. Faerie Fire, 12% armor reduction. Mangle, 30% bleed damage. And I haven't even mentioned MotW yet. I can make you run faster, I can keep a great DoT on one target while hitting another. : )

Just saying, if you already have a rogue (I saw that a fellow Dane got accepted), then why bring two. Why not a feral cat instead!

Gnisten

Back to top Go down

Post  Daddyjf Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Was thinking of the removing dots cloak (still dont know the name).

But anyways.

We'll discuss it and come back to you in a couple of days.

Daddyjf afro
Daddyjf
Daddyjf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gnisten Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Cloak of Shadows? : )
Druids got more than enough damage reduction spells and such!

Sounds lovely,
Have a great evening.

Gnisten

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzur Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:13 pm

Cloak of Shadows is for removing possible debuffs, like Concliave of Winds Rohash debuff, Double Dragon debuff and so on. Damage rediction and debuff removal is two different things.
Panzur
Panzur

Back to top Go down

Post  Gnisten Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Panzur wrote:Cloak of Shadows is for removing possible debuffs, like Concliave of Winds Rohash debuff, Double Dragon debuff and so on. Damage rediction and debuff removal is two different things.

Very true, I just liked to point out that as a feral cat I also had some survival abilities, which is needed in other fights.

Gnisten

Back to top Go down

Post  Dized Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:23 pm

Gnisten wrote:PS. This one is for Dized.

PSSS.
I hate you already.
Dized
Dized

Back to top Go down

Post  Gnisten Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:06 pm

Awh, but it was merely a joke! I trust that you can take it Smile
Btw, I won't be online for the next one or two days, as I am preparing for my final exam.

Gnisten

Back to top Go down

Post  Dized Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:50 pm

How do you feel about going full time BEAR?

Positive response makes me forget the minor misunderstanding concerning the smileys.
Dized
Dized

Back to top Go down

Post  Gnisten Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:35 pm

Hm. To be honest, I wouldn't like it too much. Seeing that Firelands is incoming any moment now, (in a week) I would like to check out cats during the first month or so. After this, I will be able to make a clearer answer. I like being able to offtank, which I have done a lot in stuff like HC Halfus fights, but I kind of like the idea of being cat at the moment, as I am dealing incredibly high damage in a fun way. So, to sum it up; Offtank -> Great. Maintank -> Not so great, but might be an opportunity later on. Neutral
I hope you understand.

(And Fandral's Flamescythe is incoming, gief fiery cat form)

Gnisten

Back to top Go down

Post  Dized Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:41 pm

Problem is, we currently lack a good and active tank, and our dps rooster is quite solid. But ofcourse i understand your wishes of staying cat, its going to be buffed by a lot. Or so i've heard.

Thing is, we have a tank, but he is currently dealing with some irl stuff, that makes him unable to attend every raid. This beeing said, my question to you is as follows: Do you want to try out for us, and tank when our other tank is unable to attend? Like an offtank, and rather go dps whenever we find the opportunity for it?
Dized
Dized

Back to top Go down

Post  Gnisten Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:44 pm

By saying this, do you mean that I will not be able to join as dps on every raid, and only the raids where you are in lack of an extra dps?
Because as the situation is right now, I enjoy being cat and I wouldn't change it right away. But this being said, there is still a chance of me wanting to change it when Firelands hits us.

Gnisten

Back to top Go down

Post  Gnisten Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Let me add one thing tho,
Can I think about it? I actually enjoy being druid tank, so I might actually go ahead and say yes. But is it OK for me to give it a day or two and reply? Smile

Gnisten

Back to top Go down

Post  Dized Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:51 pm

What im trying to say is that we will use you as a tank when we need you to tank, and we will let you stay dps whenever the opportunity presents itself. Like at the moment we have a DK able to perform the role as the second tank, but our boss strategy is build around him doing a lot of important stuff as frost and therefore we need him to be dps. Having a kitty cat in the raid surely has its advantages and im not going to exclude you during the raids where we have tanks sorted.

Hope that sort of answered your question.
Dized
Dized

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayfil Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:01 pm

After reading your application I get the feeling that you are maybe a bit unreadable.
What can you say about that?

How high attendees to you think your gona have? and be realistic about it.

Do you think you will stay as a druid? or change to another class when things changes. I don't want to gear up a druid, and then see you change your class again. This comes since you have often played different characters in the same tire before(?). Can you say something about why you have changed from between a mage, warrior,rogue and now a druid?
Mayfil
Mayfil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dized Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:10 pm

Mayfil wrote:After reading your application I get the feeling that you are maybe a bit unreadable.

Unreliable?
Dized
Dized

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayfil Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Yes. I see he is changing characters a lot, and don't give any reason for it. Therefore the question afterwords.
Mayfil
Mayfil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gnisten Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:27 am

Mayfil wrote:After reading your application I get the feeling that you are maybe a bit unreadable.

How high attendees to you think your gona have? and be realistic about it.

Do you think you will stay as a druid? or change to another class when things changes. I don't want to gear up a druid, and then see you change your class again. This comes since you have often played different characters in the same tire before(?). Can you say something about why you have changed from between a mage, warrior,rogue and now a druid?

I thought that my reasons for changes classes were clear enough, but I'm sorry, I'll explain.

In Vanilla, I started off with 1 character - a warrior. I played for some time, cleared MC with him. Then I froze my account, and a few months after I wanted to start again. I started an alliance rogue, whom I finished up the rest of Vanilla content with.
In TBC, I wanted to play with my friends who were hordes, so I decided to play my warrior again. Since playing with him only for a few bosses in Karazhan, a mate of mine offered to make a swap vs his mage. I decided to say yes, as I would like to try being ranged dps. This character finished off my TBC career.
In WotLK I had no accounts at all, and had to start all over, since I had a break for a few years. I decided to make a druid, whom I cleared WotLK content with, and whom I'm still playing on.
At the moment I have one alt, an enhancement shaman. But I'm barely playing on him... So I wouldn't say that I'm unreliable or anything of that sort. I love my druid when it comes to raiding, it's definetely the most fun class that I've played.

Gnisten

Back to top Go down

Post  Gnisten Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:50 pm

Well, after further consideration I've decided to say no thanks to your offer.

If I have to be a tank at the moment, or a cat, then it has to be on full time. I wouldn't like to switch back and forth between gems, reforges and enchants over and over again. And as I mentioned earlier, I would like to try the 4.2 cat out before switching the bear. But I'd like to say thanks for considering my application, and who knows, I might end up writing a new one if you should come in need of a cat. Or even if I change my mind, and goes back to bear! Again, thanks for your time.

Regards,
Gnisten

Gnisten

Back to top Go down

Post  Dized Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Moral of the story; Never trust a guy with smileys in his application.
Dized
Dized

Back to top Go down

Post  Gnisten Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Haha, I wouldn't say so!
But I hope that you understand my points of view, and ofcourse I understand yours.

I wish you the best of luck in your progress throughout Firelands, if we aren't going to meet up again at another time.

Gnisten

Back to top Go down

Post  Daddyjf Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:47 pm

To bad.
Daddyjf
Daddyjf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down